Tuesday 7 February 2012

Soulcalibur V at a Glance

There has been sometime between releases of the worlds most beloved sword and shield swashbuckle, yes there are a few new faces but it's the returning characters that make the title what it is.

The story is not much to go on and to be frank it's about I character I couldn't care less about. Patroklos is a whiny male reiteration of Sophita. The characters I have always loved in Soulcalibur have either been version specific or are now dead and buried, and by that I mean given the name of "edge master", alas poor Kilik your stance changes and ground games have been committed to the graveyard of execution.

The distinct lack of a conquest mode/weapon master mode is more than disheartening, I know it wasn't there in IV but you expect companies to learn from their mistakes. That aside there is an odd mode called quick match which allows you to scour the globe in search of different fighters to beat down, batter and down right bludgeon in a bid to obtain titles for your player card.

Lack of content aside the game has never felt more polished, all the characters seem reasonably playable and there is much fun to be had online, especially with the tuned up connections and matching. If you have friends who have the play, like myself, I doubt you will be putting it down soon.

Check back later and I'll have a far more in depth  review about my true feelings and thoughts towards the return of the 3D fighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment