Saturday 18 February 2012

What I'm Playing Just Now

It's one of those kind of questions that you tend to get asked. Normally it can be seen as a passing comment between friends and tends to mean what was the last game you played. Although on the odd occasion it means so much more, "just now" could range from anything from the past week to the current season. It all depends on not just who asks but how, obviously certain parties are far more interested than others.

For this update I am going to take it as a short list of games that I am playing or plan to return to in the next week or so. Well game that I hope to complete/return to sometime soon, although I can't guarantee anything this could all be pipe dreams.


The first and newest game on the list is "Catherine", I'm not one to partake in indulging odd Japanese dating puzzle games but when I do I get addicted. This charming little vixen saunters in to our unsuspecting protagonists life, for better or worse it's all down to you to decide.  The best way to describe the game is a puzzle game with a lot of quirky RPG elements, you get to talk to people at the bar and interact with each and everyone person in their own special way. What i love most about the game is the implication of each and every action, there seems to be no two play-throughs a like. It can range from the slightest mutter under your breath to the most romantic gesture to the wrong person that sets your game off in a completely different course. So far I'm loving it and I hope to get a full review up later.


Next up is Jackie Estacado's grand return. I have already been through the game once and really enjoyed it. Although there is some slight differences between this and the first in the series it was for the better mostly and it was also largely expected, although that is to be expected with a new team making the game. The art style feels great although it some times it didn't look the best it could of but I really enjoyed it. The story is great and it is one of the few FPS games that I feel takes tie to actually tell you a story instead of leaping between explosions and chase scenes. I'm currently planning a second run through and polishing off some of the online hit-list missions I missed. I hope to get a review up really soon.



The last game I am currently playing is SoulCalibur 5. I have already got a review up for it and you can read all about how I feel about the game there. Just now I'm just playing with friends and battling my way through the ranks online. I like to boot it up when I have a spare 30minutes to an hour. The game has a lot of longevity to it and I feel that with all my time in game I've barely scratched the surface.

Although after saying all this and laying it out I'll no doubt find another game that I just can't help myself from getting drawn too. Such is the curse of the gamer. 

You stay classy world wide web.

1 comment:

  1. Catherine is awesome. My favourite game of 2011 by a mile.

    ReplyDelete